Thursday, July 20, 2017

Loss and Mourning

Today a celebrity took his own life. Normally it would just be a passing oh that is a shame and on with my life I would go. Today an artist that was a part of the worst times of my life has passed. Chester Bennington took his own life. I am deeply saddened by the loss. He was one of my favorite singers since my teens. He and his bandmates are my son's favorite band. He has loved them his entire life. 
(Not my photo)

To know that someone that has an abundance in his life of people that loved and cared for him yet he still felt alone enough to end his life. To know that he did not feel that there was any other choice but to end his life is I think what is bothering me more than anything. Mental illness, depression runs deeply in my life and families life. It is a scary thing to live with and to know that people that you love more than anything can feel this pain. There are not enough words that I know to express my sadness for this loss and the need to remind others of suicide awareness. Please if you are feeling this way talk to someone, anyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment