Recently my middle child had a friend over who had never been here before. Well before anyone new comes over I always put away my altar and books. I do not want to freak them out just yet. I had actually had to make a trip the ER and did not get that taken down before she arrived. I was not feeling my best and was just kind of here. When I realized that I had forgotten, I was worried she had seen it and quickly put it away well most of it. I always keep out my crystals.
The rest of the time the company was here I just waited for the bottom to fall out. Thankfully it did not and all is well at least as far as I know it is. Some days being in the broom closet can be difficult. But for the most part, I like it that way due to the fact that I do not have to answer any silly questions or deal with the drama that comes with being out in the open in the south. That my dears are a whole nother blog post if you ask me.
Living with the anxiety and the depression I experience and now the new diagnosis of Inflammatory Arthritis is a challenge enough. I do not want to deal with the everyday ignorance of people who do not embrace others differences of opinion or lifestyle. The older I get the less I care about others opinions. I keep things to myself mostly just to make it easier on my littles. They deserve a fair chance of people getting to know them without thinking of what I am or what I do first. Though in this small town mentality it is quite difficult for people to be open about anything. Soon we will be shopping for school clothes and supplies and school life will begin again. I will be shuttling my middle little to and from band practice and life will carry on. I wonder how many of their friends will think I am the strange mom. The thought of it makes me chuckle as I drink my coffee this morning.
I did receive some good news yesterday that I would like to share. A very dear friend of mine has decided to come back to paganism after a time away. I am looking forward to working with him in the future and a couple of others as well. I have only been a solitary for many years. My best friend and I have done some workings together but it is not often. Working in a group will be interesting. I just hope that my social anxiety does not get the better of me. On that note, I will end this. Have a Magickal Day.....I know I will




No comments:
Post a Comment