Alright, so let's talk clothes. They are my nightmare at this point. I am working on learning about capsule wardrobes. Which would be really easy and great for me and the significant other because we are adults. But the issue is the kids. I mean they are still growing and how in the world do you pare down shirts when they do not wear uniforms at school. This is my current conundrum. I have asked in a couple groups but I am not sure of the answers that I am getting. I have really put a dent in the junk we have that we do not need. I am not saving for later anything that is not useful and for that matter I have not saved anything that I can think of. I know that I have too many coffee mugs but they are my weakness. I have collected them for years and have way too many favorites. Once I have the house purged I will go back and do a second purge to get rid of the excess that I know we for sure do not need but could not part with at first. I feel like we are making head way. I am starting to see the progress that has been made. Normally I am worried because I can not tell when I have cleaned at least that is the way I feel. Now when I have done my daily chores I can tell that I have done them and things are starting to look nice and tidy. Which in turn helps me with my anxiety issues and depression. I do not like clutter and it sets off my anxiety. I worry about people coming into my house i do not let others in. I have to know a person for a while before I am ok with them coming to visit. I also have to know well in advance that they are coming in order to make everything look perfect. Now it is not perfect and looks lived in at this point but I am working on improving it. I think mid next month maybe the end of next month we should have everything the way I want it. My middle little is loving it because her room is staying nice and clean and looks tidy pretty much all the time. It also takes no time at all to clean up. With after school activities she has not had a whole lot of time for anything but homework. So chores are at the bottom of her list.
Besides all this housework I have been working on broadening my knowledge of other religions or paths. Currently, I am learning about atheism/agnostic. I had never even heard of agnostic before now. Before I became pagan I suppose you could have classified my beliefs as agnostic. I questioned everything. It was really hard to wrap my mind around organized religion and churches. I mean I have gone to church since I was a small child. I have been baptized in the Morman church and then later in life at a Baptist church. I thought I found God in the Christian sense several times only to start questioning everything. I am having trouble with understanding Atheism. I can not seem to understand the concept of lack of believing in any kind of higher power. I am still learning so maybe later in my studies I will understand. I do get the idea that science can answer a lot of the questions with actual evidence to back it up where as religion has not a whole lot except a book or books to back up the stories and lore. I mean with paganism you can not deny nature. It is right there front and center right outside my door. Easy to see and understand. I think that is why I am so drawn to it.
My partner has embraced his pagan path and the other day we did a ritual together. I am in a group on Facebook that is helping quite a bit to open up my mind to others views on things. I know that it helped him quite a bit and also was the reason for the ritual. We also do a weekly healing and I have been learning about that as well. I had not worked any kind of magic or rituals since starting down my path and now weekly I am. I have been told several times the only thing holding us back when learning about magic is ourselves.



No comments:
Post a Comment